We just start using SONarchitect for Building Noise Control Consultation. It makes our job lot easier and faster. We can do comprehensive building analysis and design with SONarchitect. We can integrate our building noise control design and our architectural acoustics design. So our client can have a better understanding about what they will hear in their room.
Before using SON architect we have to calculate transmission loss paneling one by one. After that we analyze noise path and calculating noise prediction. We have to do calculation with several software to get what we want.
We are very happy because we can do more comprehensive work faster with accurate result. And the most important it makes our clients happy too.
SONarchitect ISO calculates:
- Airborne noise insulation values according to EN 12354-1.
- Impact noise levels according to EN 12354-2.
- Façade acoustic insulation values according to EN 12354-3.
- Noise emission levels from noisy enclosures according to EN 12354-4.
- Reverberation times in rooms according to EN 12354-6.
Also performs the Metzen approximation.
For analythic calculation of sound reduction index (and impact noise level) SONarchitect ISO includes SONmultilayer, with the matrix transfer function method, and SONequation with the methods referenced in:
- M.J. Crocker and A.J. Price, "Sound Transmission Using Statistical Energy Analysis", Journal of Sound & Vibration, 1969 9(3) 469-486.
- EN 12354-1:2000, Building acoustics. Estimation of acoustic performance in buildings from the performance of elements. Airborne sound insulation between rooms, Appendix B.
- S. Ljunggren, "Airborne sound insulation of thick walls", Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 89(5) 1991.
- A. Brekke, "Calculation method for the transmission loss of single, double and triple partitions", Applied Acoustics 14 (1981) 225-240.
- A. London, "Transmission of reverberant Sound through Double Walls", Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 22(2) 1950.